Spring is here and so are spring nail polish colors! Much to my delight, I have a new brand to talk about! Today I’m taking a closer look at Honeybee Gardens Watercolors Nail Polish 🙂 I have to say, this nail polish was a very pleasant surprise!
I tried the color “Burlesque”.
Here are my first impressions:
- Easy to retouch.
- Very easy to remove mistakes.
- Slightly sweet smell that doesn’t waft
- The polish itself doesn’t smell on the fingers.
The bottle recommends two coats, even though I was satisfied with the coverage after one. I still put on two coats as I think this may make it easier to remove.
Burlesque- I actually really love this color. It looks darker and more red on the hands than it does in the bottle and has a beautiful, discreet sparkle. It catches the light for a gorgeous shine. It intensity of the color is impressive.
I think this is my favorite water based polish!
- do let the nail polish dry completely.
- apply at the end of the day- I let mine dry for 15 minutes while I was watching TV and was extremely pleased with the result. No smudging!
- Letting it fully cure overnight as this increases its resistance to water.
- Last night after I first applied the polish, I noticed that within the first hour it was fairly easy to pick off. Letting it set overnight makes for a much firmer holding power.
- Wear gloves before cleaning! The polish will start to flake if you wash your hands too often.
Have you tried a water based nail polish before? What is your favorite brand? How do you find the coverage?